Saturday, March 12, 2011

Swimming

What a fantastic afternoon we had in the school pool on Friday afternoon.  Lots of our senior children came along to help as well as some sensible helpers from Room 6.  Barbara is a life-guard, so she came along too. We had 4 different activities in the pool and 2 things to do to warm up in the sun! 
With Mrs Mudge we had a dressing up race and an egg and spoon race in the water. With Miss Rhodes we used our noses to push the balloons across the water and we had a treasure hunt!  Out of the pool Mrs Moses and Mrs Brown helped us to hook a duck out of the pond and create some pavement chalk drawings.  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Room 1,
    I am a teacher at Miss Rhodes old school in England. I teach in year 1 Class 4 and the children are all 5 & 6 years old. I have really enjoyed reading your blogg. You sound like you had a fabulous time in your school pool. You are very lucky! It is very cold in England at the moment, we have to have two heaters in our classroom! My class have been learning all about clothes and materials. They have been learning to weave and made themselves into a giant weaving loom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was fun and at the weekend I learned kayaking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Room One

    I have some things I could put on your blog if its okay? Do some painting, drawings or a school trip.

    from Lochies big brother Hamish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!!! room 1 I am lerning
    my backstrok for swimming.believe me it is not easy.


    From Theo.

    ReplyDelete